The following are the course requirements for students to graduate from Central Decatur Community School District High School:
- Science: Six (6) credits. All freshmen must enroll for a full year laboratory science course, which meets half of this requirement.
- Mathematics: Six (6) credits of mathematics. All freshmen must enroll for a full year mathematics course.
- Social Studies: Six (6) credits of social studies, including two (2) credits of world history, two (2) credits of American history, and one (1) credit each of government and economics.
- Language Arts: Eight (8) credits. Four (4) credits must be earned in the area of basic English mechanics and composition. One (1) credit must be earned in either American Literature or World Literature. One (1) credit must be earned in another literature course. Two (2) credits may be earned in any of the courses listed under language arts.
- Technology Education: At least one (1) credit in computer-related class work.
- Vocational: Two (2) elective credits.
- Fine Arts: Two (2) elective credits. Foreign language may be used to meet this requirement.
- Physical Education: One (1) semester of physical education (1 credit) per year.
- Financial Literacy: One-half (1/2) credit of financial literacy, which may but is not required to fulfill either one-half (1/2) credit of mathematics, one-half (1/2) credit of social studies or one-half (1/2) credit of Career and Technical Education content.*
- Special Education Classes: Special education students must attend classes pursuant to Board Policy.
- Elective requirements may be waived by the building principal for those students who have been enrolled in Band and Chorus for four (4) years and have scheduled a full course load for four (4) years.