PARENT/GUARDIAN – TEACHER CONFERENCES AND STUDENT PROGRESS REPORTS
The Board recognizes the following objectives or purposes of a system of reporting to parents and/or guardians regarding the status of the student:
1. To inform parents/guardians of the progress made by their students.
2. To bring parents/guardians into closer understanding of the expectations of the school.
3. To record for students their growth or achievement.
4. To assist students in evaluating their growth or achievement.
5. To assist the student, parent/guardian, and the school in working cooperatively for the welfare of the student.
Reporting shall be done at nine-week intervals. At the end of each nine weeks the parent/guardian shall be sent a report card. Conferences between parent/guardian and teachers will be held at the request of parent/guardian or as the teacher or principal/designee deem advisable.
Parent/guardian(s) of all students doing unsatisfactory work will receive a progress report at the mid-point of each nine-week period. All parent/guardian(s) of students who have received an unsatisfactory mid-term must be informed of the possibility of failure in a course not later than two (2) weeks before the close of the semester. The teacher shall notify the student and the parent/guardian.
Parent/Guardian-Teacher conferences shall be scheduled in grades kindergarten through high school a minimum of twice a school year, at the end of the first quarter and during the second semester. At the end of the other two nine-week periods a report card shall be sent to the parent/guardian, and a conference will not normally be required.