Curriculum of the school district will be recommended by the superintendent and approved by the board.
The District's Curriculum Plan shall contain a framework that describes the processes and procedures that will be followed to assist all staff in developing the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully implement the developed curriculum in each content area. This framework shall:
- be data driven;
- review both standardized and district assessment data for existing standards, benchmarks, and critical objectives;
- identify the strengths and weaknesses (gap analysis);
- study and identify best instructional practices;
- identify and develop research that demonstrates how students learn best;
- focus on developing plans that address weaknesses;
- provide ongoing staff development;
- describe procedures for purchase of instructional materials;
- communicate with both the external and internal customers using data; and
- continually assess changes in curriculum.